Name Change Policy
Turkish Airlines Name Change Policy
1. What is Turkish Name Change Policy?
Turkish Airlines Name Change Policy is a provision given to its flyers to make corrections to their name in the ticket within 24 hours of booking it without paying any change fee.
Sometimes when you enter the wrong name in your Turkish Airlines flight ticket at the time of booking, you can easily make spelling corrections to your name. However, it may not allow you to make full name changes. Primarily, as per the terms and conditions of this policy, you can only modify the name to some extent only.
- As per the United Airlines name change policy, you can correct up to 4 characters in your mis-spelt first name, last name, or middle name on the ticket.
- Changes can be done for nicknames as well as inverted names.
- You can add your middle name on the ticket
- You can change your name after divorce or marriage legally on the pass.
- Legal name change is also permitted.
- Please keep in mind that transfer of ticket to any other flyer is not permitted under this policy.
- One person is allowed to make name changes only one time.
- Once you’ve checked-in, you cannot make name changes.
- You cannot avail benefits of this policy when flying with Miles&Smiles.
- Name changes can be done online and offline.
All tickets operated by the Turkish Airlines and issued on TK documents are eligible for name changes.
2. How to Change Name on Turkish Airlines Ticket?
As per Turkish Airlines name change policy, you can make changes to your name on ticket both online and offline. The online procedure can be carried out at the official website of the Airlines. For offline ways, you can either call the customer service number and take the help of the agent to do the necessary changes or proceed to the airport counter.
All the steps are elaborated below:
METHOD 1: ONLINE/ TURKISH AIRLINES WEBSITE
- Go to the main website of Turkish Airlines i.e., turkishairlines.com.
- Click on “Manage Booking/Check-in”
- Enter necessary details like your ticket no. and last name.
- Choose the option to request for Turkish Airlines name change. Retrieve your “PNR” by pressing on the “Change” button.
- Now, you can change your first, middle, and last name up to 4 characters only.
- Click on “Save” to confirm the name changes.
- The confirmation will be sent through an email after the request acceptance.
METHOD 2: CALL CUSTOMER SERVICE BY PHONE
Calling the customer service team is the quickest and easiest way to do corrections in your name on the Turkish Airlines ticket. When you call on the toll-free number 1-888-974-1691, an agent will take your call and offer the right solution.
The agent will ask you the following things:
- 6-digit reference number or e-ticket number
- Existing name on the ticket along with the needed corrections
- Any legal documents as identity proofs.
- Inform you about the name change cost (if applicable).
- After the payment of the fee, you will get the confirmation on the registered email ID.
METHOD 3: AIRPORT TICKET COUNTER
If you have booked the ticket at the airport, then you are required to visit the ticket counter at the airport to make the needed changes in your name. The representatives will assist you for hassle-free name changes.
3. Does Turkish Airline offer name change waiver?
No. The Turkish Airlines does not offer any name change waiver to its travelers. There will be a certain amount of fee applicable for name changes to the ticket.
4. How to change last name on Turkish airline ticket?
You can make minor changes to your last name on Turkish Airlines ticket up to 4 characters at the main website turkishairlines.com.
However, if you want to make major changes such as changing it completely after marriage or divorce then the customer service representative will assist you. You need to give them any kind of legal document for name change validation.
5. How Turkish Airline legal name change works?
For legal name changes, you have to contact the customer service department. Make sure you submit the legal documents to validate the changes in your name in the ticket.
6. How to change a name on Turkish Airlines Ticket Due to marriage or divorced.
Changing your name on the ticket due to marriage or divorce is pretty easy under the Turkish Airlines name change policy. All you need to do is contact the customer service team at 888-974-1691 and seek their assistance for name changes. Do not forget to submit the legal documents such as marriage certificate/divorce decree to support the changes in your name.
7. How to request a name change with Turkish Airlines?
You can request a name change with Turkish Airlines through online and offline modes. The online procedure can be completed on the official website while the offline ways require you to get in touch with the customer service team at 888-974-1691 or airport’s ticket counter.
8. Is it possible to change the nickname to full name with Turkish Airlines?
Yes. Under the Turkish Airlines Name change policy, you can change the nickname to full name. It can be done online.
9. Can I change my surname on the ticket with Turkish Airlines after marriage?
Yes. It is possible to change your surname on the ticket with Turkish Airlines name change policy after marriage. You just need to submit the marriage certificate to the customer service team for verification. The changes will be confirmed via an email.
10. How much does it cost to change a name on a Turkish ticket?
As per the Turkish Airlines name change policy, if you make the changes to your name within 24 hours of reservation, there is no cost attached to the changes. However, after 24 hours of booking, you will have to pay a certain amount of change fee. Sometimes the cost for the name change can be up to $300. To know about the exact change fee, contact the customer service team at 888-974-1691.
11. Can you fly if your name is spelled wrong?
Legally you cannot fly with Turkish Airlines if your name is spelled wrong in the ticket. It must be same as your government-issued ID. However, if you have realized the corrections before the planned departure, you can take advantage of the Turkish Airlines Name change policy. The policy allows you to make the minor name changes within same day of booking the ticket without any fee.
12. Does Turkish Airlines require a middle name on the ticket?
No. Turkish Airlines does not require a middle name on the ticket. They only ask for first and last name of the traveler.
13. Does your airline ticket name have to match your passport?
Yes. Your name on the Turkish Airlines ticket must match to your passport or ID issued by the government.